- You may apply to be a member of flybuys if you are aged 16 years or over and have a current Australian residential address. To become a member, you must register online, complete the flybuys application form, or contact the flybuys Service Centre.
- You may also apply to add additional members to your account.
- We may refuse your application for membership or request to add additional members for any reason.
- Membership is free, but we reserve the right to charge for replacement or additional cards.
- Using or quoting your flybuys card during a transaction or registering with flybuys in accordance with 1.1 above constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Where you apply to add an additional member to your account, you confirm that:
- You have their consent to add them to your account and to provide their personal information to flybuys based on the flybuys Privacy Statement; and,
- You will procure that they are aware of and will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
It is your responsibility to inform us if:
- Your or your additional members’ personal details change (including, but not limited to, your address, email address or phone number). If we do not have your correct details, we may not be able to contact you about your account or send you offers or rewards, and we may also restrict operations on your account (such as redemption).
- Your or your additional members’ flybuys card is lost or stolen so that we can protect your account from fraud or theft.
- You would like an additional member’s details removed from the account.
- flybuys cards are not credit or charge cards, are not transferable, and remain the property of flybuys.
- You may terminate your membership at any time and for any reason by contacting us.
- Points will be credited to your account after we are notified by a Participant that you or your additional members have earned points on a Qualifying Transaction by using your flybuys card or quoting your flybuys number. We are not responsible for any delay or failure of a Participant to notify us of the details of such transactions. You should contact the Participant if you dispute the points awarded for a Qualifying Transaction.
- Participants have their own terms and conditions for awarding points which may change from time to time without notice to you. Participants may also issue bonus points (in addition to any standard base points) under special promotions from time to time. Those terms and conditions are available on the flybuys website or on request from the flybuys Service Centre, and form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants may reverse points where a transaction is cancelled or a refund given.
- We may correct erroneous, invalid points or adjust for reversed transactions at any time even if it would put your membership account into a negative points balance.
- You may check your points balance at any time by contacting us via the flybuys website or the flybuys Service Centre. We may also, at our discretion, periodically send you a points summary using the contact details you provided. We may make your points balance available in other ways, for example, on a Participants’ receipt.
Points do not expire unless you:
- have not registered with flybuys, in which case they will automatically expire in three months; or
- do not earn or redeem any points on your account for a period of 12 consecutive months, then your points, and any flybuys Dollars, will automatically expire and we may also terminate your membership and close your account. We will not contact you to advise you of this.
- You cannot transfer, sell, or give your points to any other person.
- flybuys points and flybuys Dollars have no cash or monetary value.
- If you are registered and have sufficient points in your account, you or your additional members may use your points in exchange for rewards which are listed on the flybuys website.
- Additional terms and conditions apply to redeeming rewards and form part of these Terms and Conditions. They are available on the flybuys website or on request from the flybuys Service Centre, and may change from time to time without notice to you.
- All rewards are subject to availability. We are not responsible to you if any reward is not available for any reason.
We may, in our discretion, make any change we see fit to these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation:
- the range of Participants and Qualifying Transactions;
- the points you can earn on Qualifying Transactions;
- the range of rewards and the number of points required for rewards;
- the period for expiry of existing or future points or flybuys Dollars in your account.
We will give you notice of any change to the Terms and Conditions or as set out in 5.1, at our sole discretion:
- via the flybuys website; and/or
- by direct communications sent to members.
In addition to the right to terminate in 3.6, we may terminate your flybuys membership immediately and without notice where you or an additional member:
- fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- provide misleading information or make any misrepresentation to us or to any Participant in connection with flybuys;
- are abusive or offensive to any of our or our Participants' staff
- Where your flybuys membership is terminated, you and all additional members will cease to be entitled to earn and redeem points and your points will be deleted.
- Respecting your personal information is very important to us. The flybuys Privacy Statement forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The flybuys Privacy Statement sets out what personal information we collect, how we use it, to whom we may disclose it and what your privacy choices are. Our Privacy Statement is available on the flybuys website or on request from the flybuys Service Centre.
- We may provide your personal information to parties involved in a purchase or potential purchase of any part of our business.
- We will not be liable to you for the termination of the flybuys program for any reason whatsoever, including (without limitation) for any points or flybuys Dollars in your account at the time of termination.
Any liability we may have to you in negligence, breach of contract or otherwise, and all conditions and warranties as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any goods or services supplied by flybuys whether express or implied by statute, are excluded to the extent permitted by law, and, where liability cannot be excluded, our liability to you will in all cases be limited to:
- the cost of re-supplying the goods or services or repairing, or paying the costs of repairing, the goods;
- reinstating number of points in dispute; or,
- where the dispute relates to a reward, the number of points required to redeem the reward.
- Any tax, liability, or duty incurred by a member arising from a member's participation in the flybuys program is the responsibility of the member.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- In these Terms and Conditions "we", "us", or "our" means Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd (ABN 82 057 931 334) or its authorised representatives. Each exclusion or limitation of liability in favour of us applies also to Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd and their Related Bodies Corporate. For details of how to contact us, please see the flybuys website or contact the flybuys Service Centre.
- We may, in our discretion, make any change we see fit to these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation:
- flybuys Dollars means the credit held in your account following exchange of points by you, which can be used as payment when you present your flybuys card on transactions at those Participants who offer this reward facility.
- flybuys program means the loyalty program managed by us under which a flybuys member or additional member earns points on Qualifying Transactions and qualifies for rewards under these Terms and Conditions.
- Participant means those companies (and other persons) who have agreed with us to issue points to flybuys members and additional members under the flybuys program and/or provide rewards in exchange for points.
- Qualifying Transaction means a transaction with a Participant for goods or services on which the Participant issues points.
- Related Bodies Corporate has the same meaning as in the Corporations Act 2001.
- Service Centre means the call centre operated by or on behalf of us for the purposes of the flybuys program.
- Terms and Conditions means this document, and any other documents referred to in it.